Monday, December 8, 2008

Holiday Season


Spencer absolutely loves Christmas lights. Every time we turn the tree on he starts hyper-ventilating. And that's not the only thing he loves, he apparently loves getting in trouble for going Paul Bunyan on the tree. Whenever he gets an "UHH-UHH" for touching the tree he starts giggling. I wonder what he must think about us; during the summer we're destroying weeds in the yard, cutting the lawn, and burning wood while camping; come December, though, he takes a nap and all of a sudden there's a tree in the house and mom and dad are acting like green-peace.

Last week we went to our ward party and heard the West Jordan HS Madrigals perform, Spencer loved the music (he only yelled "LOSERS!" twice during the performance). He was waving his arms to the music and screeching at the end of each song. I have to admit, though, that this years version of the madrigals was not quite as impressive as years past. I was never in choir but I have always felt that WJHS's madrigals were some of the best in the state, but this year they need a little work.

Christmas is truly a wonderful time of year. Its been fun so far to watch Spencer's reaction to the magic. He isn't old enough to really enjoy the presents so the feelings of happiness, family togetherness, music, and lights have a greater effect on him. We hope everybody is having a Merry Christmas!

6 comments:

Tara said...

Oh man...he is so cute. Do I always leave that comment on your blogs? Probably.

Alli said...

Josh and I just wanted to say hello! We have loved reading your blog and "catching" up with your little family.

Meredith said...

Tara took what I was going to say...all of it. I say it every single time...he's a stud!

lacey said...

Kiana! Oh my goodness, I'm SO glad you found my blog. I was literally just talking to Tyler about you yesterady, wondering what you were up to. You have a little one!! Spencer is pretty dang cute, and I'm pro on cuteness, I have 3 cuties myself :) I'm excited to keep in touch. I have the same cell phone #....and actually still have your cell memorized weird right? Glad things are going well for you, call me if you ever want to hang out. I'm home all the time and up for anything!!

Jordan Spencer Cunningham said...

Whatever the reasons for our poor performance at your ward, I implore you to hear some of our competition music: http://wjhs.ipfcubed.com/music/ch2009. Go to the Madrigals section. "There Will Be Rest" and "In Rememberance" were my favorite. Sadly we didn't record much of our Christmas music, and what Christmas music we did record, the group as a whole didn't put their hearts into it, I think. Alas. Anyway, we did get a little work, and I personally think we were the best group since WJHS' inception. I'm sure all Madrigals think that, but I have conviction. :)

Jordan Spencer Cunningham said...

Whoops. For some reason, the first part of my comment disappeared. I meant to say firstly that I was one of those Madrigals last year, and I think we did very well, though I know some of our ward gigs weren't so spiffy. In some cases, the people didn't really care about us on the stage, so it mirrored in our performance. In other cases, we were exhausted (some days we had eight to ten gigs) or we unfortunately weren't focused enough. Our elementary school gigs were the best Christmas ones, though. The kids loved us, and we loved to perform for them. Ah. I loved those.