Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Election Time

Well I am going tomorrow for early voting, and as of right now I am planning on voting for McCain. Of course between now and then Obama could do something to change my mind like act like he wants to be president to help the country and not because it would be awesome to have his own pool table. (He just seems like a guy in one of those bad movies where he gets drunk and accidentaly runs for president and before he knows it his campaign is taking off and at every speech he's not even sure what he's saying and then he comes off the stage laughing with his eyes big going "Can you believe they fell for it again?!?")

Reasons I'm voting for McCain:
1. Values. I think both he and Palin both have values that I relate to. I think the biggest dig against Palin is that she is inexperienced, but it seems to me that is exactly what we need leading the country. When you're president you aren't the one who knows everything; you are the one that is expected to use your judgement. It seems to me that both McCain and Palin are both willing to use their judgement on what they feel is best for the country and not what will give them the most political capital.
2. The Economy- My personal opinion is that we need to lower taxes, especially on corporations, in order to boost investment and growth. Big companies look at taxes as merely an expense and when they are costing their goods they will increase their prices in order to make up that return. (translation: if you raise Walmarts tax rate by 5% they will raise their prices 5%). So I think that raising corporate taxes will just hurt the average american.

Reasons I'm not voting for Obama:
1. Safety. With the way the world is going I can imagine the world is going to get worse before it gets better. I just don't think I would feel safer knowing Obama is in charge of things.
2. Values. I just don't see Obama as somebody who will take a stand. He seems too easily swayed.
3. Communism. A lot of Obama's policies are sounding a lot like he's been reading Marx. He has said before that he thinks the constitution is flawed (my personal opinion is that it was inspired of God). And I think his plans for socialized medicine as well as those to grow other government agencies go against the fundamentals of our forefather's beliefs.

So that's my opinion. I don't care who you vote for just as long as you vote, that privledge is one of the things that makes America great.

One other political note: The one thing that's probably not very funny but for some reason it really entertained me was when Biden called McCain "out of touch".

No comments: